History of Immanuel:
Immanuel is a gloriously 124 years young. The church began meeting in downtown Baltimore in 1897. Due to various reasons, In its infancy the church was forced to meet in several locations, including a local brewery. God was faithful as the church went through periods of struggle and growth just as the nation did with wars and the depression. Immanuel was sustained by the faithfulness of God and the commitment and sacrifice of its people.
In 1961, the church purchased a new campus where Immanuel Baptist Church would gather and live out its calling at the corners of Frankford and Sinclair Lanes for almost 25 years. Due to a tremendous opportunity and a changing community, Immanuel purchased 10 acres of farmland in the White Marsh/Rosedale area in 1984.
Immanuel Baptist Church began meeting at 5050 Bucks Schoolhouse Road, its current location, in 1986. Throughout the 124-year history of Immanuel, a couple of things have remained constant: First and foremost is God’s unfailing and steadfast love for His people. The second is a group of committed disciples who believe in the mission of the church and have sacrificed for its continued work. Immanuel has been blessed throughout the years with people who have loved Jesus and His church and shown it with their actions.
We are looking forward to another new campus coming in late 2021. For more information on that click here.